Share Buttons

Share Button

Monday, January 12, 2015

7 Haircare Products Every Woman Needs

I'm just as picky about my hair as the next girl which is why I have a million and one products stacked in my bathroom closet (also caused by having worked for one of the largest beauty retailers in the world. It's a tough job but someone had to do it!). Unfortunately, a good bit of these products just didn't cut it for me. I have, however, found a short list of things that I find are pretty essential for everyday runway ready hair!

1. Dry Shampoo - You guys already know about my love for this stuff. Not only does it allow you to sleep in a little longer in the morning, but it keeps those lovely locks of yours from losing moisture from over shampooing. Check out my blog on dry shampoo called The Beauty of Dry Shampoo for more info.

2. Hair Oil - Whether it be Argan, Jojoba, or Maracuja oil, this stuff contains natural fatty acids that help to maintain the strength and structure of your hair. Try skipping the hair spray for a day and using a hair oil instead. Want to wear a bun? Slick back your frizzy fly away hairs with this. All it takes is a drop or two. Rub the oil on the tips of your fingers and then work it through your hair. This is also a great treatment for roots, scalp, and hair ends just before bedtime as it helps to combat those dreaded spilt-ends.
This is one of my favorites. Tarte does a version of this that is a little more expensive that is nice as well.
3. Boar Bristle Brush - These brushes are great for your hair for a couple of reasons. They originally became popular when people discovered that these types of bristles would carry the sebum naturally produced on our scalp down the shaft of your hair. This improves the texture of your hair while stimulating your scalp at the same time encouraging more hair growth. Its a win, win no matter how you look at it! And did I also mention that these brushes feel simply divine on your scalp?


4. Leave-in Conditioner - Leave-in conditioner is a great product for all hair types. For those with dry hair, it helps to lock in some needed extra moisture. For those with fine hair, this helps to untangle the hot mess on your head after you get out of the shower. What does this mean for you? Less broken hairs!

This is exactly what I use and it is my fav! It also smells wonderful and I can use it on my little girl's hair as well.

5. Salon Quality Hair Dryer - Higher quality hair dryers tend to have a higher wattage to them. A higher wattage hair dryer means that it will dry your hair faster. The idea of this is to expose your hair to heat as little as possible. Less heat equals healthier hair! Need I say more?

6. The right Shampoo and Conditioner - I've said it before and I will say it again - No Poo or Sulfate Free. This is a wonderfully beautiful thing. Check out my blog 9 Steps to Preventing Damaged Hair for more info on this.

7. A good hair straightener paired with a heat protectant spray -  While straightening your hair does not come without consequence, you can find tools that create a much less damaging effect while styling your hair. A good bit of these tools actually help to soothe the hair cuticle and work to help them retain moisture (meaning LESS breakage). Some of my favorite brands that accomplish this are GHD, Sultra, and T3. Pair these with a good heat protectant spray and you and your hair will be ready to roll!

Click on the picture for more info and reviews!

As always, thank you guys for reading!

XOXO - Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment