Share Buttons

Share Button

Monday, January 19, 2015

My Top Picks: Mascaras

Mascara is the one thing in my beauty arsenal that I do not mind spending a little extra money on- My husband appreciates that about me, I think :). With the right formula and the right application, your eyes can look simply amazing and quite stunning.

So which ones are my favorite, you ask? Keep scrolling!

1. Marc Jacobs Beauty O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara ($26.00) - I am IN LOVE with this one! It volumizes, lengthens, curls, and goes on so simple and smooth. My favorite thing about this one is the fact that it will not come off on your upper eye lids throughout the day! I have super longer lashes(not complaining at all and I greatly thank my mother for them!) and oily skin. As most of my oilier skinned sisters know, mascara will come off on your upper lids if you are not careful. This is my biggest pet peeve when it comes to my mascaras. Well, problem solved! On top of having incredible, runway ready lashes, I no longer have to worry about this. Love that!

2. Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara ($23.00) - I cannot say enough good things about this one! The brush is so easy to use and helps to ensure that nothing gets clumpy. It lengthens, curls, and volumizes to give you luscious lashes. The only downside to this one is that it only comes in black so not a whole lot of color variety for those of you that like to use brown colors.

3. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara ($22.00) - The great thing about this mascara, other than the fact that it literally glides onto your lashes effortlessly, is its formula. It is incredibly smooth and actually nourishes and helps to grow your lashes using a protein and amino acid complex. Its the best of both worlds- Beautiful and healthy!

4. Dior DiorShow Mascara ($25.00) - This stuff is simply incredible. It volumizes, lengthens, plumps, and curls to give you an impeccable false lash look. It's been around for more than 10 years and I don't see it disappearing anytime soon. It's perfect for any girl, any day of the week!

5. Lancôme DÉFINICILS High Definition Mascara ($27.50) - Simple and easy to use, this one will be around for ages. It's an award winning mascara that helps to lengthen and volumize. I keep this in my kit at all times. It's a classic.

6. CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara ($6.00) - Formulated with fibers to help extend your lashes, this mascara helps to volumize and control the clumps. Its brush is super easy to use and helps to glide easier over your lashes for an all day, fabulous look!

7. Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara ($7.00) - On top of being super affordable, this little number really helps to pack on the volume. It's brush also helps to keep things a little less clumpy because who really wants to look like a goopy hot mess?

8. tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara ($20.00) - Formulated with Amazonian Clay, this one helps to repair and restore lashes while giving them incredible volume. The clay formula also helps to absorb oils throughout the day to keep your lashes flake free and smudge proof.

9. Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara ($20.00) - Once you put this stuff on, it isn't moving! It contains little fibers that help to extend your lash and gives you some amazing volume. This is a beach-wearing, wedding day, water park must have that will keep even the teariest eye smudge proof!

10. Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara ($8.00) - Formulated to help condition your lashes to encourage growth, the amount of volume you can get with this is pretty awesome. It is one of my favorite drugstore makeup finds so far!

11. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara ($20.00) - This one lengthens and volumizes for camera ready lashes while still being gentle enough to keep your lashes moisturized. No one wants dried out, washed up, brittle lashes now do they? Thanks to this olive oil formula, that will be the least of your worries. 

12. M.A.C. False Lashes Mascara ($21.00) - It's not very often that you will hear me utter the word "M.A.C" but I do have to give credit where it is due. The amount of volume that you can achieve with this is pretty impressive. A couple of coats of this will have your eyes looking sexy and sultry in no time. 

As always, thank you guys for reading!

XOXO - Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment