Share Buttons

Share Button

Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Best Sunless Tanners to Help Beat the Winter Blues

Every girl dreams of a lovely summer glow in the dead of winter(except for myself as I just accepted and embraced my porcelain skin long ago!). While tanning beds are a great way to get this look(and truth be told, kind of relaxing), they are not a very healthy option.

Tanning beds increase your chances of skin cancer significantly and also cause premature wrinkles. How do we know this? Scientific research and simple life experience. Think about this- in the past while waiting to get your evening tan on, have you seen older ladies and/or gentlemen come out whose skin looked mighty tan but also like a used leather handbag? Yes? It is gross and not a look that ANYONE can ever pull off. Who really wants to deal with that?

Fortunately for those of us that love our skin, there is a safe alternative to tanning beds. These little wonders are called sunless tanners and,  my dear, they can be your best friend if used right!

Listed below are my favorites...

Some of these come in many different formulas. They can be a mousse, a gel, or even a lotion. I've listen my favorite formulas below as they are easier to use in my opinion.

1. St. Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse - This stuff is simply awesome. It is specially formulated to take your own body's melanin(the stuff that gives your skin color) and turn it to its most natural, deepest color. This means one thing- No orange color!



It does go on green. Yes, I did just say green. That is totally normal and how it is supposed to look. This will allow you to see where you are putting the color. You will need to get the application mitt to go with the product. This will ensure a smooth and even application. I recommend taking a shower and exfoliating right before bed. Slather this stuff on and throw on a long sleeved tee shirt and long pants. Throw your hair in a bun and head to bed. When you wake up in the morning you will be a beautiful bronzed goddess(without a single hint of the green color as this will wash off in the shower)!

2. St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse - I love this stuff for all of the same reasons I listed above. This is just a version that is a tad bit lighter. I'd suggest this one for ladies who have a lighter skin complexion. Also for those that would like to broken into the whole "sunless tanner" thing slowly and are quite possibly a little terrified, this will give you just a pop of color! And again, this stuff is very much so dummy proof! You will need the application mitt for this as well.

3. Tarte Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Face and Body Self Tanner - This one goes on pretty smoothly as well and gives you a great, very natural-looking tan. I recommend using a mitt for this one as well. The mitt's are great simply because they keep the color from getting on the palm's of your hands.
  4. Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer - This stuff is pretty awesome. It is a gradual self tanner that does some pretty amazing things. It is a lotion and is MUCH EASIER to mess up so I would only suggest this to seasoned pros! I'd also suggest putting this on at night before bed as the smell can be a little intense. Throw on some long sleeves and long pants and then shower in the morning. You'll be summer kissed in no time!
As always, if you guys have any questions or comments feel free to ask below and I will do my best to help.

Thank you for reading!

XOXO- Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment