Share Buttons

Share Button

Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Beauty of Dry Shampoo

Okay ladies; let’s talk about your hair. A woman’s hair is one of the most attractive things about her according to most men. That being said, how do you take care of this precious gift you have been given? How do you keep it healthy?

I receive questions about shampooing your hair and how often it should be done on a regular basis. My answer is this: shampooing your hair daily will strip away the natural oils that coat your hair. These oils are essential in keeping your hair healthy and strong. Without them, the life of your hair is not going to look very promising.

How do we correct this problem since we can’t very well go without washing our hair, you ask? I have two words for you ladies—Dry Shampoo.

As someone with very oily hair, I used to wash mine everyday until I noticed the amount of hair that was coming out of my head during the simple task of brushing or even blow drying. While heat is another hair killer, I never thought that over washing would be so harmful, so, I panicked and ran straight to my doctor. I was terrified and worried I was going bald! During my doctor visit, she tells me that my fears are not correct. I am completely healthy. My hair, however, is a different story judging from the amount of split ends I possessed. It was so embarrassing!

Armed with that information, I made a trip to my nearest Sephora location and snatched up an associate. This is where I learned about the beauty of Dry Shampoos.

Dry shampoos are powdered substances that are used to clean hair as an alternative to water and shampoo. The powder absorbs the dirt and oil at your scalp giving your hair a refreshed look and feel. I, in no way, suggest that you skip washing your hair altogether by just using dry shampoos. This would develop a film on your scalp that would not be pretty.

Here is my suggestion, girls. For fine hair, you wash your hair every other day using the dry shampoo of your choice on your no shampoo days. For thicker hair, you can probably go a day or two without washing depending on your hair type. For example, those with thick but oily hair may want to stick with the every other day rule.

Here is a more detailed account of what I do:

1. I wash my hair every other day, using my dry shampoo on my “no wash” days. I ALWAYS use conditioner and leave it on for at least a minute on my “wash” days.

2. I towel dry my hair and allow it to dry naturally whenever possible. Heat styling products are very bad for your hair. However, if you must use them, use a heat protecting spray.

3. I do a hair mask one day a week to re-moisturize my hair.

I have been doing this for two months now and no longer have split ends. I, of course, got my hair trimmed to nip the ones I currently had in the butt and continued on my journey to healthier hair.

I hope this helps!

Listed below are some of my favs:

1. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo

2. Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo

3. Alterna Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo

4. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo

5. Umberto Dry Clean Dry Shampoo

6. Suave Dry Shampoo


1 comment:

  1. Love the detox dry shampoo! Recently discovered it and it's awesome! Will warn, it does have a very strong fragrance :)

    ReplyDelete