Share Buttons

Share Button

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Rodan+Fields Mini Facial Review

Recently, I had a friend send me a facial she wanted me to try and, since I have a slight skincare obsession, I eagerly agreed to do so! The company that created the said facial is called Rodan+Fields, which was started by the people who created Proactiv (not my favorite thing in the world just to be clear) so naturally my curiosity was peaked.

It is a three part facial which includes a micro-dermabrasion paste, a retinol and peptide filled capsule, and then a silver capsule with a lip salve.


I waited until right before bed time to try this as that's typically when your skin gets the most benefit from it all. There was a precious/very clever card with instructions included that I had to show you guys. That can be seen in the above picture on the right.

Now, let's break it down by steps....

1. The Micro-Dermabrasion Paste - The stuff is a heavy duty exfoliator. You just open the packet and rub onto your face in circular motion making sure that you avoid the eye area. I scrubbed for about 20-30 seconds and then rinsed it off with warm water. Next, I patted my skin dry.

Can I just say that my skin felt so smooth when I was done! Literally, it was as soft as a baby's bottom. I wouldn't use this stuff more than once a week but that is the truth with most exfoliators. Give this stuff a shot and you won't regret it!

2. The retinol/peptide filled capsule - It is no secret that I adore retinol. It is one of the best skincare secrets that a girl can have due to the amount of benefits that it can provide your skin. It increases your cell turnover bringing forth newer skin cells and removing the dead ones. And a bonus? After exfoliating, your pores will be clear of dirt and oil making them more accepting of the retinol/peptide combo.

I opened up the capsule and applied it all over my face and neck area (can't neglect your neck area, ladies! We will start to show age there as well). I could most definitely tell a difference when I woke up the next morning! Not only was my skin brighter and more even (bye, bye discoloration!) but any problems areas that I had experienced (mostly my chin and nose) had cleared up.

3. The lip salve - I am not exactly sure what is in that stuff but my lips were very moisturized the next day. Coming from a chapstick guru who applies it a million times a day (I CAN NOT stand chapped lips), this is a nice little addition to a great little facial.

Overall, I very much so enjoyed this. Maybe my faith in the creators of Proactiv could possibly be restored after all!

If you guys are interested in trying this then comment below and I'll get you in touch with a consultant. It is a great pick me up and could possibly even be a great little gift for a fella to give his lady! :)

XOXO - Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment