Share Buttons

Share Button

Saturday, December 27, 2014

What Can Vitamin C Do For Your Skin?

What is Vitamin C, you ask? And what can it do for you? Well, let me tell you what a miracle this stuff really is and allow me to tell you why. Sit tight and read on sister because I'm about to introduce you to something that you won't be able to live without!

Here are some of the basics about good ole Vitamin C:
  • It stimulates collagen
  • Is an antioxidant that protects your skin from free radicals
Now, let's break these things down a little further.

Collagen is a type of protein that connects and supports our bodily tissues and essentially holds us together. You can think of this protein as our body's own version of Elmer's glue. So what happens when it is exposed to more and more damage? It breaks down and loses its elasticity, which means that the areas that used to be firm and tight are now saggy and droopy. That is no good for the home team!

Now, let's move on to antioxidants.

Antioxidants help to prevent and repair damage to your skin. This happens by blocking free radicals and preventing them from oxidizing. Oxidation (a process that uses oxygen) causes the cells to improperly function and become damaged. And what happens when our cells become damaged? We start to age.

These are essential things to know, don't you think?

So what products can we use to help with this? I have a couple of my favorites to tell you about.
My absolute number one favorite vitamin C product is Truth Serum Collagen Booster from Ole Henriksen. This serum helps to plump and smooth out those pesky fine lines and wrinkles and is packed with the antioxidants needed to fight off those free radicals we were discussing earlier. I call this one the "BLT" of my skincare routine meaning it brightens, lightens, and tightens! And, just to make it even better, it is a serum. Serums are going to penetrate past the epidermis(our first layer of skin) to our dermis(the second layer) to give you more long lasting effects.

My second favorite is a newer product that I myself have not been able to use just yet. It contains Vitamin A, which is amazing for your skin but not so much for your unborn child. And since I am seven months pregnant, I have waited to use this. The results that my clients have seen from this, however, are more than enough for me to be a believer!

Peter Thomas Roth brought us this little miracle called Camu Camu Power C X 30 Vitamin C Brightening Moisturizer and Serum. These products contain the Amazonian berry Camu Camu. This little power packed berry contains 30x the Vitamin C of an orange, hence the X 30 in the name. These products also contain anti-aging peptides, moisturizers, and Vitamins A and E.

Needless to say, I am beyond excited to see what kind of results I will be able to receive with these products. Until then, I remain ever faithful to my first true skincare love, Ole Henriksen!

Some of my favorite Vitamin C products:

1. Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum Collagen Booster



2. Ole Henriksen's the Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths

3. Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power C x30 vitamin C Brightening Sleeping Mask

4. Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment

5. Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power C x30 Vitamin C Brightening moisturizer

6. Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Serum

7. Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum

8. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Hydra-Pure Vitamin C Brightening Serum

9. Ole Henriksen Pure truth Vitamin C Youth Activating Oil

10. Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base
 
Check back for more information to come on each one of these lovely products!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment