Share Buttons

Share Button

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Tips for Creating Flawless Foundation

The number one thing that ladies seem to forget when applying foundation is something so very simple. You want to apply it to where people CAN NOT tell that you are wearing anything. That's basically the whole point.

So how do you achieve this? It's quite simple really. Follow this philosophy: Less is more. Do this and you will thank me later.

To begin, you want to find the right shade for your skin. I understand that you want your "summer shade" and you don't want to be "washed out" but you also don't want to look like a joke either, right? The cold hard truth is that wearing the wrong shade of foundation is noticeable and does nothing to complement your beautiful features. If you struggle with this (which many women do, so you are not alone), head to your closest makeup counter and ask them to match you to your shade. And as an added bonus to doing this, most of these places will give you a sample so that you may try it out first. Score!!

Also keep in mind that there are many different types of foundations available. You will want to ask the pretty ladies at the counter what would work best for your skin type.

After getting your perfect match, let's consider what kind of tool we would like to use to apply your foundation. Listed below are some of my favorites.

1. A beauty blender. This egg shaped sponge has smaller pores than your average makeup sponge so it will absorb much less of your foundation meaning you will use less. That is always a plus!



2. A flat foundation brush. These make a smooth foundation application very easy. You do want to look for one with synthetic fibers since they are nonporous meaning that they do not absorb or trap product. Another plus to synthetic fibers would be the fact that they do not trap bacteria or dead skin cells. Always a plus!



3. A kabuki brush. This brush always for a very quick foundation application that gives you an airbrushed look. This one is my personal fav!



4. Your fingertips. While some people do not recommend this, I see no problem in it as long as you use CLEAN fingertips. You will want to dot your foundation on starting in the center of your face and then blending your way outward. This gives you total control over how much foundation you will use.

Now that we have gone over the tools, let's go through the steps to our perfect foundation application.

1. Cleanse and moisturize your face. Starting with a clean canvas is always best! You will want to wait for about five minutes to let your moisturizer sink into your skin before you start to apply anything.

2. Apply a primer. There are several different options on the market so I would recommend doing a little research before you decide on which one to use. You can also head back to your nearest make up counter and ask for their suggestions. Your selection should be based on your skin type. I use my fingertips to apply my primer and will apply it all over my face including my eye lids. This will help your foundation to stay on longer.

3. Apply your foundation. I put a little of my foundation on the back of my hand to use kind of like an artist palette. I then run my brush through the foundation and start my application. Start from the center of your face and blend your way out to make sure it is even.

4. Apply your concealer. You want to choose a concealer that is ONE shade lighter than your actual skin tone. Anything lighter than that will give you a reversed raccoon eye affect. I use a skinnier makeup brush to apply this by dabbing it lightly just underneath my eyes and other problem areas.

5. Using a powder brush, apply your setting powder. Listed below is my favorite setting powder. Try and enjoy!


Now continue on with your regular makeup routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment